Choc full on anti-inflammatory, antioxidant curcumin and energy-boosting MCTs but without the sugar that you find in store-bought turmeric latte mixes.
Beat the mid-afternoon munchies with a cosy mug of this so-quick-to-make recipe!
It’s important to always take some black pepper with your turmeric as this radically increases the ‘bioavailability’ (the ability of your digestive system to absorb the nutrients) of curcumin – the main beneficial ingredient in turmeric.
For a spot of luxury, I’ve also added vanilla powder – made from pure powdered vanilla seeds. This really is unbeatable for an authentic vanilla flavour.
- 250g coconut milk powder
- 50g ground turmeric
- 50g ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (helps absorb curcumin during passage through gut]
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 30g powdered sweetener (I use Whole Earth ‘Pure Via’ erythritol/stevia mix)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly (I use a whisk) until well combined.
- Pass through a fine sieve, pushing any lumps of coconut milk through.
- That’s it! Store in a jar until you’re ready to use.
- How to make it: for a medium-sized mug, I use three to four heaped teaspoons. Mix with two thirds hot water and a third plant-milk of your choice.
- Sit. Relax. Enjoy – perhaps with a pumpkin muffin?